Despite all problems I had to stop my phone subscription at Orange , my new subscription will be an Orange one , after all, they are not so bad , my choice was a little quickly and I chose a Sony Ericsson w810i , I would have to check the compatibility of this telephone with Linux… Indeed I would like to be able to synchronize it with Kontact , in particular the calendar, To-do and the list of contacts… If like me you have large fingers: the keyboard of the portable telephone can be for you a nightmare
The good point of Sony Ericsson w810i is that it is provided with a USB cable to connect it with your PC, when it is connected, two modes are available:
- File transfer
- phone mode
- Kandy: hmmm… that does not work!
- Kmobiletools: works very well but it is not what I am looking for
- Wammu/Gammu: the X interface is very ugly but this software seems to works well when it does not freeze
- Gnokii: command line tool and requires to create yourself a configuration file. Kontact uses this tool by default, but that does not work very well
- GCALSYNC: that deviates a little my wired vision of a local synchronisation, but that will at least enable me to manage correctly my schedule.